2012 - NOW
Manager of Product Design with Marketron Interactive
- Managed strategic planning and feature implementation for suite of 15 large-scale CMS tools used by dozens of diverse clients with hundreds of websites serving millions of users monthly.
- Guided adaptive mobile development strategy with focus on RESTful APIs and modern front-end workflow.
- Increased frequency and regularity of production code pushes with downsized team.
2008 - 2012
Product Designer with Emmis Interactive
- Designed intuitive user experiences and information architecture for new and legacy tools of BaseStation, an organization-oriented content management suite.
- Produced specifications and appropriate-fidelity mock-ups, wireframes, sketches, and functional prototypes.
- Mentored team on modern techniques, including an eight week, self-initiated web app course using MV*, RESTful APIs, TDD, and Backbone.js.
2000 - 2007
Lead Application Developer with Emmis Interactive
- Developed custom suite of 13 content management and engagement tools which enabled four million in sales in division's inaugural year.
- Responsible for planning, application design, database design, stored procedures, app logic, and user interface.
- Automated production of requisite graphics and code, reducing weeks of manual work to hours.
- Pragmatic API Design
- Strategic planning
- Problem solving
- Effort estimation
- Priority setting
- Specifications and sketches
- Functional prototypes
- Developer support
- Sprint planning
- Agile development
- Documentation and support
- Layout and typorgraphy
- Data analysis
- Data visualization
- Ruby on Rails